Pursuant to Section 72 Paragraph 1 of the Rhineland-Palatinate University Act, the Senate may confer specific tasks to committees formed by the Senate for discussion or arbitration. In accordance with Section 72 Paragraph 2 of the University Act, committees with decision-making powers are composed mainly of professors with at least one member each from the groups of the students, the academic staff and the non-academic staff.
The tenure of student members is one year and for all other members three years, unless regulated otherwise by the University Act Section 40 Paragraph 2 of the Rhineland-Palatinate University Act or the University's constitution.
- Committee on Budgetary Matters
- Committee for the Promotion of Research and Young Researchers
- Committee on Learning, Teaching, and Continuing Academic Education
- Advisory Board for Quality Assurance and Development
- Committee on Internationalization
- Committee on Gender Equality
- Committee on Statute Issues
- Committee on Scrutiny
- Committee on Central Distinctions
- Committee for Information Technology and Digital Processes
- Committe for the University Library