The intention behind organizational development is to uncover optimization potential and use it as a basis for developing recommendations for action in cooperation with the employees concerned.
There are many different reasons for organizational development. To name a few examples:
- Optimization of workflow processes, interfaces and decision-making and communication structures
- Improving performance through greater personal responsibility
- Safeguarding and improving the quality of service processes.
Tasks of Organizational Development
- Design, planning and general coordination of projects for optimizing structure and workflow including subsequent implementation control.
- Advising on all issues relating to process and quality management (with the exception of Teaching and Research)
- Development and maintenance of the business process model
The Staff Unit sees itself as a service facility for administration and the faculties for issues relating to organizational development.